- Encourage your kids to brush with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a pea-sized dab of fluoride toothpaste for kids ages 2-6, and use slightly more when they are older.
- Teach them to spit out the toothpaste when they’re done so they don’t swallow it.
- For kids under age 2, just use a smear of toothpaste and a little water.
- Help your kids place the toothbrush at an angle against their gums.
- Make sure they move the brush back and forth, gently, in a small circular motion.
- Help them brush the front, back, and top of their teeth.
- Teach them to brush their tongue to remove germs and freshen breath.
- Teach them to floss every day to remove plaque and food where a brush can’t reach.